Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
"How does one CHOOSE a photobooth company? Here is our check-list:
1. Check their reviews on Yelp or social media.
- Actual past client experiences will give you a better sense of what you can expect. Here is the link to our Yelp:
2. Check the quality of photos.
- What do they use to take photos? DSLR cameras result in much better quality images than iPad booths which use the small iPad camera. We take a step further by issuing PRO-grade DSLR wedding cameras inside our machines, resulting in superb images. Your photos are the long lasting memories printed on photo paper, so they should be captured in a high quality cameras.
3. Find out who will attend your event.
- Will it a paid college kid or a pro photographer who can troubleshoot or make adjustments onsite?
4. Make sure they have insurance and proper business documentation.
- Most venues requires insurance and documentation in case anything goes wrong. Ask in advance to prevent delay in operational matters. We are on the Preferred List at many local venues.
5. Communication and flexibility.
- Keep track of how fast and thorough their responses are. Are they available when you need them? Tommy is an advocate for excellent customer service and will respond to you within minutes, not days.
6. Cheaper does not mean better.
-Our prices are rock bottom, but can deliver an amazing experience. If you are approached with a lower price, be wary as most likely corners are cut or quality is shaved. Don't risk it as there are no do-overs for you.
7. Back up the back-up!
-Do they bring back-up supplies and equipment? No matter how prepared, cameras and equipment wear out and stop working eventually. We bring TWO of almost everything.
8. Are your 360 booth rentals safe?
-Yes! Contrary to myths, if ever a guest blocks the spinner, it simply tabs and stops. They can retry their video.
9. Easy booking process!
-Our booking process could be simply self-directed on our website or serviced via a call or email to us.
10. Read the fine print.
- The deal may look great, but sometimes these low priced deals come with risks and end up costing you sour memories at your own event and there is no chance to re-do.
"What differentiates TheSDPhotoGuys from other photobooth companies?"
With an extensive background in wedding photography, we understand the importance of image quality, reliability, and the proper handling on our clients' most important day! We use pro-level Canon cameras and flashes in all our photobooths units, providing beautiful, studio-like outputs that last. We monitor and adjust the lighting and color throughout your events. Our competitors often use iPads, tablets, or consumer-grade cameras "just to get the job done".
Our photography background can control the unpredictable outdoor lighting! (day or night)
Our well-trained operators and staff are upbeat, fun, professional, and respectful of all guests. We aim to provide a holistic, memorable experience from the moment you contact us!
We wash our props or replace them!
We have been hand-selected as a Preferred Vendor at many popular venues and restaurants throughout San Diego.
We are properly licensed and insured for your peace of mind. We have certificates and documentations ready for your venues, upon request.
"What services do you provide?"
"How do we reserve?"
Most of our guests book via the self service booking link here. If you have any issues, please contact us via the Contact Us tab! We'll respond ASAP with availability, quote, and the contract. We'll just need the signed contract back & a 25% deposit to reserve.
"What payment types do you accept?"
We accept all popular and verified methods of payments: Venmo (best), Chase Quick Pay, Zelle, Credit Card, Check or Cash.
"What do you include?"
For simplicity and completeness, we offer our all-inclusive packages to everyone. The only difference is the number of hours. Here is the inclusive list of perks:
- Modern, sleek open-air photobooth kiosk
- "One-Touch" automated and Live LCD
- HIGHEST QUALITY prints come out within 10 seconds
- Unlimited usage during contracted hours
- Large box of WASHED/SANITIZED props, table, and colored backdrop
- Trained full-time attendant (always!)
- Early set up and late dismantle
- FREE: custom-designed template
- FREE: Website gallery
- FREE: Thumb drive USB.
- FREE: travel 15 miles within San Diego
360 Video Booth
- Similar to above package
- Videos are shot on the latest and best camera: iPhone 14 Max Pro.
- LED light stands
- Instant texting or emailing.
- Unlimited downloads
Optional add ons:
- Scrapbooking (comes with covered table, markers, glue and assistant)
- Power generator for remote areas or outdoor
- Various album sizes
- Magnet strips
- Acrylic photo displays
- Green screen, GIF, boomerang or animations
- Green hedge backdrop with neon sign.
"How many guests can fit in your photobooth?"
Since we supply the modern open-air photobooths, we can accommodate as many guests as can fit between the camera and the backdrop! We suggest 1-10 people. Since our package includes "unlimited sessions", additional guests can go multiple rounds.
"Can you accommodate guests of different heights?"
Yes! We purposely have higher-end photobooth kiosks with an easy tilting mechanism to accommodate guests of various heights and body builds! This will alleviate the need for stools and chairs for children as a safety concern.
"Can you send photos via emails or texts immediately?"
Yes! We use the latest software which includes email and texting capabilities, upon request. We can provide our own WiFi/MiFi or use the venue's connections.
All printed photos have a photo number and a link to access.
"When do you arrive to our event for set up?"
We arrive about 1 hour early to ensure sufficient time for set up and testing. Approximately 30 minutes prior to breakdown, we will remind you or the DJ as a courtesy. Break down takes about 30-45 minutes after our contracted time. We can accommodate idle time upon request.
"Can you provide proof of your business license and insurance liability upon request?"
Yes! We are properly licensed and insured for your peace of mind. We have certificates and documentations ready for your venues, upon request.
"Do you have a photoobooth attendant, or is the kiosk unattended?"
Yes! We ALWAYS have a trained staff at your events. For the purpose of professionalism, safety, and customer service, we will always be there with you.
"There is a price range online, but how can we get specific pricing?"
For a specific quote, please utilize our self-service quoting red button above. For the best value, all of our pricing is customized: based on your needs, location, and date. We often include discounts without your asking. Our add-on products are often at-cost with no mark ups.
"Do you travel?"
Yes! With a small travel fee calculated during booking, we will happily accommodate events throughout Southern California. There are no hidden fees.
"What do you require of us on-sight?"
At the event location, we require an area of about 10'x10' ft, ideally indoor or covered, and within 25 ft of an electrical outlet. Please contact us of any required accommodations.
"What happens if you cannot attend our event due to emergencies?"
Of our 10 years of wedding photography and photobooth experience, we proudly brag that we have never missed a client's scheduled event! However, we understand emergencies can happen. We have several units on standby with extra staffing. If in the unfortunate event we could not attend and deemed we are at fault, we would happily refund you 100%, including your deposit.
"How do we contact you if we have additional questions?"